Soléo Pro Team includes:
Professional Surfer – Claire Bevilacqua
Originally from Perth, Western Australia, Claire has become a highly regarded professional surfer. Her accolades include:
- 2003 Australian Junior Women’s Champion
- Participating in the World Championship Tour of The Association of Surfing Professionals
- 1st in The Outer Banks Pro competition
- 1st in The Hello Kitty Boardfest
- 1st in the 2009 Pipeline Pro
Bevilacqua loves to continually learn and is motivated by nature and the environment. She’s an activist for the protection, education and conservation of the environment as well as alternative & natural medicine and healing remedies.
Achievements of Claire Bevilacqua
- 2010 1st Place, Tidal 9 Women’s Pipeline Pro
- 2009 1st Place, Women’s Pipeline Pro Hawaii
- 2009 Successfully launched her online column Bevos Backwash for Surfline
- 2009 5th Place, Billabong Pro Portugal
- 008 1st place Team Australia ISA World Games
- 2006 Collaborated with Volcom to create the “Bevo Signature Series,” a line of girls’ shorts
- 2009 Qualifier Women’s WCT Tour for 2010
- 2009 Third in WCT Women’s World Qualifier Ratings
- 2004 1st place Hello Kitty Pro Huntington
- 2003 Australian Pro Junior Tour Champion
Claire Bevilacqua is exceptionally talented professional surfer. She is winner of 2010 Tidal 9 Women’s Pipeline Pro and was ranked world no.6 in 2006 in women surfing.
Link into Claire’s instagram : https://www.instagram.com/clairebevo/?hl=en
Professional Kitesurfer – Simon Wichtermann
Perth based Simon Witchtermann continually proves to be highly skilled in the awesome revolutionairy sport Kitesurfing. Competition placings include:
- 2nd place the Adrenalin Rush Sports Australia Kiteboarding Classic
- 3rd in the 2007 Kitejam
- 4th in the 2008 Kitejam
- 2nd in the 2009 Core Slider Jam amateur division
- 4th in the 2010 Australian Freestyle Kiteboarding Nationals
- 1st in the ‘Big Air’ competition at the 2010 Kitestock
- 13th place in the Men’s Freestyle at PKRA New Caledonia
Simon Wichtermann has conquered the 2015 Australian Kiteboard Freestyle National Championships, in Dolls Point, Sydney.
The 24-year-old rider took nine years to claim the Freestyle title, but his Backmobe 5 proved hard to beat in the challenging 30-to-35 winds on offer.
“I’m so wrapped to finally get it. I just want to say to all the people starting out in Freestyle to get out there and get to the competitions and have fun. Freestylers are the best people to hang out with,” expressed Wichtermann.
Linked into Simon’s Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/simonswich/
Endurance Athlete – Megan Monroy
Born and raised in Southern California, Megan is a natural beach/ water baby at heart. From an early age she was encouraged to always “do her very best” and that is exactly what she set out to do; driven to excel in everything she does.
In her early years, Megan found a true desire for swimming. She also developed a strong passion for the ocean, began surfing and became an ocean lifeguard. Her high school years were spent dedicated to her studies, Varsity Swim and Water Polo Teams, and surfing. While attending college in San Diego, California, she surfed competitively while earning a 4 year degree in Psychology. Her excellent results speak for themselves:
- 1st OA Amateur in the 2011 LA triathalon
- 1st OA Age Grouper in the 2011 Regional Championships – Pacific Coast Triathalon
- 2nd Placing in the California State Criterium Bicycle Racing Championships
- 1st OA in the Seal Beach, CA – 5K run
Read more: http://www.mega-meg.com/
Professional Longboard Surfer – Jackson Close
Jackson Close is a prominent Australian surfer and dominant character amongst the surfing community. His specialty being longboards, Jackson has attained several notable achievements.
- 1st in Quicksilver International Longboard Competition 2011
- 1st in the 2011 Australian Longboard titles
- 1st in the Australian Surf Festival’s Australian SUP Championship 2010 and 2011