Why use a Natural Sunscreen
Soléo Organics range of natural sunscreens are suitable for use by all ages, in fresh water, salt water and are reef friendly, non-comedogenic (they don't block the pores in your skin) and are broad spectrum, protecting your skin from both UVA and UVB rays.
Why choose a natural sunscreen, over the more readily available and cheaper chemical brands? Natural sunscreens are formulated to be safe for sensitive skin and more ecologically friendly.
Naturally Based vs Chemically Based
Chemical sunscreens work by absorbing UV rays and converting them to heat, where as natural sunscreens work by creating a reflective barrier against the UV rays. Soléo's sunscreens are also broad spectrum, using the natural ingredients to form a barrier against both UVA Rays (which cause skin aging) and UVB Rays (Which cause sunburn). Chemical sunscreens often only protect against UVB rays, the ones causing the sunburn.
This is a bigger problem than most realise as UVA rays are one of the primary causes of skin cancer.
What Makes Us Different?
Soléo Organics began formulating it's sunscreen in 2005, with a vision to provide the consumer with a naturally formulated alternative to the common synthetic sunscreens..
Our sunscreens have been designed according to naturopathic principles without the use of any chemical UV-absorbers, titanium dioxide or synthetic preservatives.
Tried & Tested
Created in Western Australia, Soléo has created and tested our range of natural sunscreens over the last 16 years, and now ships them across the globe. We have also placed a special emphasis on the environment, with our packaging being recyclable and formulas completely biodegradable.
It is our mission to improve the health and well being of people across the globe, by providing a natural alternative to the mass produced chemical sunscreens across the globe.
What We Leave Out
Where chemical sunscreens work by using UV absorbing chemicals, ours uses natural ingredients and extracts to create a physical shield reflecting the suns UV rays. We also avoid the use of other synthetic additives or preservatives such as titanium dioxide, synthetic fragrances, chemical preservatives, petrochemicals, SLS, PABA, benzonates, mineral pools or synthetic by-products.
The environment is important to us as well, by not using chemicals like oxybenzone and octinoxate which cause coral bleaching, we ensure our sunscreen is reef safe and not banned in countries like Hawaii and Palau.
The EWG (Environmental Working Group) awarded Soléo's natural sunscreens with a number 1 rating.
The EWG works to bring awareness and educate people about the potential impact of different chemicals on human health and the environment.
Need Help Deciding
Come visit our shop in, 1242 Hay St, West Perth, Western Australia.
Email one of our friendly staff members at firstname.lastname@example.org
Give our staff a call on +61 8 6311 1900.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Soléo Sunscreen Non-Comedogenic?
- Generally yes, though the skin type can have an effect on this. There are natural plant oils in the product but there are no petroleum based products which can often be the cause of acne, skin problems and other skin irritations.
Is Soléo Nano Free?
- Soléo Organics products do not use any nano particles in its formulations. With our state of the art zinc technology, we are able to deliver high performance zinc without any thick white coating while still avoiding the use of nano particles. We continue to ensure that we avoid nano particles as the market leading natural and organic sunscreen.
Is it Good for Sensitive Skin?
- Soléo Organics was designed for sensitive skin without the use of chemical UV-absorbers, synthetic preservatives, artificial fragrances and petroleum by-products. We always recommend, however, that allergy-prone people carry out a test patch first (as with any new products they are using).
Is it Suitable to Use on Babies?
- Soléo Organics is free of all chemical UV-absorbers, synthetic preservatives, petroleum by-products, fragrances or essential oils; so is ideal for sensitive skin and has no specific restrictions on use at any age. Of course, it is always best to keep babies out of the sun as much as possible and it is generally recommended to check with your doctor regarding any new products for babies under 6 months old. However, for times when that isn’t possible, we feel our sunscreen is suitable for your whole family. We also just recommend for the first time you use it to try a test patch on your baby – this is good to do with any new product that you use on your baby, just to be cautious. The Environmental Working Group (EWG) has ranked Soléo Organic All Natural Sunscreen as the #1 sunscreen for all ages.
Is Soléo Organics All Organic?
- Soléo is made using all natural and organic ingredients, as certified by the suppliers of each of the ingredients used in the formula. It contains no chemical UV-absorbers, no synthetic preservatives and no titanium dioxide. Soléo sunscreen instead contains natural oils, botanical extracts and antioxidants that nourishes your skin, as it protects.
Ultraviolet (UV) Radiation and Your Skin
UV Radiation comes in several different forms, each form different with a different effect on our bodies. Some of these effects are beneficial and some are dangerous...
The Ultimate Guide to SPF Ratings
SPF is often associated with the level of protection that the sunscreen offers. While this is partially true, SPF is actually considered an unreliable method of measuring a sunscreen's effectiveness...
HEAR ABOUT OUR OFFERS & GET 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
Follow Us On Instagram
Use #soleoorganics for your chance to be featured!