Natural Face Moisturising Sunscreen
WHY IT'S LOVED
- Moisturiser with Broad Spectrum UVA (Skin Aging) & UVB (Skin Burning) Protection
- Hypoallergenic & Cruelty Free
- Ocean Safe & Reef Friendly
- Biodegradable & Recyclable
- Australian Made & Natural
- Fast Absorbing, Designed for Use Under Makeup
Our Natural Face Moisturiser Sunscreen is designed to be non-oily and non-greasy, even though its a physical sunscreen and zinc based, it doesn't leave a white residue like most sunscreens do, nor does it leave your skin shiny. Once absorbed you can't even tell it's there.
This lotion is actually suitable for use as more than just a face sunscreen, you can use it for broad spectrum ultra violet protection like any sunscreen. The main benefits for using it specifically as a face sunscreen include the moisturising action of the sunscreen and also the extra light formula, allowing it to be used underneath makeup. It also helps fortify the face with a variety of natural oils, moisturising and fortifying.
We've formulated it for all ages, including pregnant women, people with sensitive skin, and babies. The broad spectrum protection protects equally from both UVA rays which are associated with skin aging and wrinkles, and UVB rays which are the primary cause of skin burning. Both UVA and UVB rays are associated with skin cancer, making UVA protection more important than most people realise.
With no chemicals or synthetic preservatives and no nano particles, it's designed it to be ocean friendly and reef safe. In keeping with this it's packaging is recyclable and the sunscreen itself is biodegradable.
- Aqua, Zinc oxide, Isoamyl laurate, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Sorbitan stearate, Cetearyl alcohol, Caprylyl glycol, Hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, Glyceryl stearate, Xanthan gum, Citric acid, Simmondsia chinensis seed oil, Argania spinosa kernel oil, Cetearyl glucoside, Polyhydroxystearic acid, Sucrose cocoate, Pelargonium graveolens flower oil, Rosa canina seed oil, Carthamus tinctorius seed oil, Vegetable glycerin, Cucumis sativus fruit extract, Camellia sinensis leaf extract.
HOW TO ENJOY
- 1. Squeeze and shake tube to mix well and then squeeze a small amount into your palm.
- 2. Apply liberally 20 minutes before sun exposure and as needed.
UNLIKE ANY OTHER
100% Natural & Organic Formula, Cruelty Free
Proprietary Zinc Formula Non-Whitening
Strong Protection Against UVA & UVB
Formulated To Be 100% Reef Friendly
Hypoallergenic Formula For All Ages
Made Completely In Sunny Australia
FACE MOISTURISING SUNSCREEN
Anti-aging & Feels Great
Packed with powerful antiaging plant extracts such as Argan oil, rosehip oil and green tea to give you protection from the aging effects of the sun and pollution. Our Face Moisturising Sunscreen is a very light cream, absorbing very quickly and not leaving any residue to interfere with your skincare routine.
Wear Under Makeup
We've formulated it for using it underneath makeup & foundation, providing SPF 30 protection while hydrating the face.
Non-Oily & Non-Greasy
No face sunscreen should be greasy, we've formulated ours to be not only be non-oily and non-greasy, but to also support your skin health with natural antioxidants.
Skincare is everyday and your skin's protection from the sun should be too. Our Face sunscreen is formulated for use daily, supporting your skin and providing the protection it needs everyday, without impacting your normal skincare routine.
We know little can be as demoralising as skin breakouts and acne, Soléo's Face Moisturising Sunscreen lotion has been formulated to be non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog or block your skin's pores.
PEACE OF MIND
Plant Based, Natural & Organic
We use only natural and organic ingredients for all our products. Our Face Moisturising Sunscreen lotion is totally free of synthetic chemicals. Naturopathically formulated as low-irritation, the ingredients found in our sunscreen are hypoallergenic, making it suitable for every skin type. This sunscreen is also completely vegan.
Free of Chemical Preservatives
All our sunscreens are completely free from chemical UV-absorbers, chemical preservatives, titanium dioxide, parabens, synthetic fragrances & colours, nano particles, petrochemicals, PABA, SLS, benzoates, mineral oils and synthetic by-products.
Packed with Antioxidants and Botanical Extracts
The face is very sensitive, as such our face sunscreen is packed with botanical extracts high in antioxidants and fortified with natural plant based oils, which hydrate and nourish the skin naturally without making it oily.
Cutting Edge, Broad Spectrum
Ultraviolet rays cause more than just burning. UVA rays are a major cause of wrinkles and skin aging and the face is one of the most exposed areas of the body. This sunscreen is broad spectrum, providing SPF30 protection from both UVA (Aging) & UVB (Burns) rays.
Rubs in Clear
Our proprietary micronised zinc formula rubs in clear so that it's not visible and doesn't interfere with your makeup routine.
SAFE GUARDING OUR PLANET
Recyclable and Biodegradable
Many facial products unfortunately are not very friendly to our natural environment. We hope to change this, our packaging materials are all completely recyclable. Our sunscreen formulas are all biodegradable.
Formulated for Everyone
We have gone to a lot of effort to ensure our sunscreen is suitable for everyone. This includes the environmentally conscious, people with sensitive skin, parents, expecting parents & babies. You don't need to let unease about the contents of your skincare impact how you look after your body.
With increasing research about the amount of chemical sunscreens ending up in our oceans and the deleterious effects on marine life, we have formulated ours to be non-toxic and biodegradable. Ocean friendly and reef safe so you don't need to worry about what happens to the environment around you when you wash the sunscreen off you.
All Soléo Organics products are cruelty free, no testing is done on animals and we hold ourselves and our testing to the highest standards in this area.
Obtained from Cucumus sativus, an excellent skin-soother and skin-conditioning ingredient.
A non-irritant, great for sensitive skin, eczema, psoriasis, calming, soothing, hydrating, extremely nourishing, natural astringent. It’s rich in antioxidants and bolsters the skin’s natural ability to ward off free radicals and harmful UV rays.
Tea Tree Extract
A potent antioxidant, tea has catechins/flavonoids that act as natural sunscreen, protects skin from UV rays, and is a good source of vitamin E.
Highly active in antioxidants, it has shown remarkable results acting against and eliminating the effects of free radicals (UV rays, pollution or other daily surrounding factors). Also gently exfoliates, moisturises, helps restore sun damaged skin.
Rich in triglycerides and is therefore a really good moisturizer, and stimulates collagen production, Anti-Aging Properties, soothes the skin.
Vitamin E, high in antioxidants. It also maintains elasticity of skin.
A valuable antioxidant and anti aging ingredient, high in a number of polyphenols which inhibit the activity of enzymes involved in degradation of skin proteins like collagen and elastin.
We use a special form of “micronised” zinc oxide, which means unlike common zinc, it becomes transparent when applied to the skin. Zinc oxide is a preferred sunscreen active because it is a very stable UV-reflector. It allows us to produce very high protection, cosmetically acceptable sun care products that won’t leave your skin white.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
The best all natural Face moisturising sunscreen on the market, so smooth I simply love it.
AS FEATURED BY
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Does face sunscreen last all day?
- We know washing off your makeup and reapplying the sunscreen and your makeup again is not very likely to happen. The reality is the Cancer Council recommends reapplying your sunscreen every 2-3 hours, and this is what we recommend if you spend much time in the sun. However for most people spending most of their time inside they should be ok applying once a day. Please just bear in mind, getting your face wet can wash away the protection, and sweating can play a similar role. If you will be spending much time in the sun it's much better to be safe than sorry.
Is face SPF important?
- Arguably face SPF is most important where skincare is concerned, as your face is the most exposed to ultra violet radiation in day to day life so can show the signs of aging more than other parts of the body which are covered up most of the time. While you may not get burned, the longer term impact of UVA radiation on your skin is a consistent threat, both in terms of skin aging (photoaging & oxidation) and in terms of skin cancer. Soléo sunscreens protect against both the UVA rays and the UVB rays. Soléo Face sunscreen include anti-aging plant based ingredients such as argan oil and rosehip oil to care for your skin and keep you looking younger for longer.
How often should I use it?
- We recommend that you use a broad spectrum sunscreen every day to protect from the effects of ultra violet radiation. The Cancer Council recommends that you apply prior to any UV exposure and reapply every two to three hours. We know this isn't realistic daily though. We recommend you apply each morning as part of your skincare routine, prior to putting on your foundation to give yourself daily protection from the UVA rays that contribute to skin aging, but ensure that you reapply every few hours if you spend a considerable time in the sun or after bathing etc.
What are UVA rays?
- The sun releases ultraviolet rays on the earth, invisible rays that you can't see. There are three types UVA, UVB and UVC. UVA rays and UVB rays both contribute to skin cancer while UVC rays are stopped entirely by the atmosphere, the only form of exposure to these are from artificial means such as welding. UVB rays penetrate the top layer of skin and can cause sunburn, while UVA rays enter deeper into skin causing skin aging (photoaging). UVA protection is especially important for your face, as UVA rays can travel even through the cloud cover and glass, and lead to long term damage including breaking down the elastin and the connective tissue under the skin, resulting in wrinkles.
How much face SPF should I use?
- A little bit goes a long way with Soléo Face sunscreen, we recommend generally that you apply 2.5ml or approximately half a teaspoon. That is assuming you are only applying to the face, if you are also applying to the body, we recommend applying proportionally more.
Can you use face sunscreen on your body?
- Yes, generally facial sunscreens are formulated to be suitable for the more sensitive skin on your face. But they are completely suitable for use as a normal body sunscreen as well. The biggest difference made by using a facial sunscreen on the rest of your body is the cost. Face sunscreens are normally more expensive than regular body sunscreens as they have more specialised ingredients.
Which SPF is best for face?
- It's always best to look for SPF 30 or higher. Most people are surprised to learn that SPF50 only offers 1.4% more UV protection than SPF30 at the cost of a high concentration of chemicals. More important is that you apply properly and that you use a broad spectrum sunscreen. Broad spectrum sunscreens protect your skin against both UVA and UVB rays from the sun. This is important because while a normal sunscreen will protect your face from burning, only a broad spectrum sunscreen will protect your skin from long term skin damage including wrinkles, while still preventing sunburn.
Is it okay to use body sunscreen on your face?
- This is okay with Soléo sunscreens as they are all natural and hypoallergenic. With our Face sunscreen, we focus mainly on providing better moisturisation using Argan and Rosehip oil to support your skincare while not blocking your pores, and on not interfering with your makeup. This may not necessarily be ok with other brands though. The skin on your face is 10x more sensitive than your body to irritation, especially in the epidermis layer (the outer layer of skin). Most brands make facial sunscreens to be suitable for the more sensitive skin on the face. Depending on the brand, it can be important to check the ingredients and the manufacturer's instructions in this area. With many brands, only the face sunscreens are formulated for the sensitivity of the face. When you need a water resistant sunscreen, we recommend using our Soléo Original High Performance sunscreen, which is perfect for a day at the beach when you need higher protection.
Why use a face specific SPF?
- Face specific sunscreens are created specifically for the more sensitive skin on the face. They often also combine moisturising ingredients, to double as a moisturiser for your skincare regime. Soléo Face sunscreen use nourishing and moisturising Argan oil and rosehip oil which are non-comodogenic, so it doesn't block the pores of your skin. It is hypoallergenic, so ideal for sensitive skin. Some face sunscreens are also tinted to give your complexion more even colouring.
Can I wash it off easily?
- This sunscreen is formulated to be easily washed off at the end of the day.
Is it good to moisturise your face daily?
- Moisturising daily is associated with a whole host of skin benefits and can help heal skin blemishes and is recommended by most dermatologists. Argan oil and rosehip oil are great antiaging natural ingredients to look for in a face moisturising sunscreen. Many dermatologists also recommend that you buy a moisturiser that doubles as a sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 15 protection.
this natural sunscreen feels smooth and soft and it smells great. It has zinc in it but my face doesn't look white like other sunscreens. Definitely recommend it to everyone.
I have been using this for a few weeks now and it's literally my favourite face sunscreen.
HEAR ABOUT OUR OFFERS & GET 10% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER
Free Shipping on Orders over $80 in Australia & New Zealand.
We deliver world wide.
14 Day Return Policy, Conditions Apply.
Follow Us On Instagram
Use #soleoorganics for your chance to be featured!